Request For Expression of Interest
Client:Department of Trade, Ministry of Commerce (MoC)
Country: Republic of the Union of Myanmar
Project: Myanmar Services Trade Enhancement Project (M-STEP)
Position Title: National Project Manager
Contract Type: Individual Consultant (Full-time)
Reference No. (as per procurement plan): R2-19
Ministry of Commerce, the Republic of the Union of Myanmar has received financing from EIF Program of WTO in the form of a grant toward the cost of Myanmar Services Trade Enhancement Project (M-STEP)(Enhancing Service Trade for Digital Economy). Ministry of Commerce (MoC), an implementing agency for the Project, intends to apply a portion of the proceeds of this grant for Consulting Services.
EIF Tier-2 Project, Department of Trade, Ministry of Commerce in Myanmar wishes to invite eligible Individual Consultant to express his/her interest in providing his/her services as National Project Manager(12 person-months).
The National Project Manager shall be responsible for project implementation, project team management, project monitoring and evaluation, communication and implementation arrangements (mention details in term of reference). The initial assignment will be for a period of 12 person-months (including provision period 3-months) with the possibility of future extensions subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funds.
The successful candidate must have the following qualifications and experiences:
- Minimum Master Degree in Economics or Business management, with specialization in Trade or Management from a recognized national school or university
- Minimum practical experience of 3 years directly relevant to project management possibly on donor-funded technical assistance projects
- Minimum experience of 3 years in a management position
- Experience in leading and supervisory role, advising on project management and implementation in the areas related to operational and policy issues; and
- Fluency in written and spoken Myanmar and English languages
- Practice of MS office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint Presentation and Project)
Candidate will be selected in accordance with the consultant selection method set out in the Tender Rules for selling assets, leasing, purchasing services, purchasing goods and construction works for Government Agencies released by Presidential Office Directive (1/2017) and recommendations from Trust Fund Manager (UNOPS) and EIF ES.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours (9:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday). Interested consultants may obtain copies of the detailed Terms of Reference (in English) for the assignment from the address below during office hours. Expressions of interest must be delivered with mailing or sending documents in hard copy followed by an electronic copy to the address below by 29th October, 2019 before 4:30 pm.
Aid for Trade Coordination Unit
Department of Trade
Ministry of Commerce
Office No.3, Naypyitaw