Client:Department of Trade, Ministry of Commerce (MoC)
Country: Republic of the Union of Myanmar
Project: Myanmar Services Trade Enhancement Project (M-STEP)
Position Title: National Monitoring and Evaluation Expert
Contract Type: Individual Consultant (Full-time)
Reference No. (as per procurement plan): P3-19
Ministry of Commerce, the Republic of the Union of Myanmar has received financing from EIF Program of WTO in the form of a grant toward the cost of Myanmar Services Trade Enhancement Project (M-STEP)(Enhancing Service Trade for Digital Economy). Ministry of Commerce (MoC), an implementing agency for the Project, intends to apply a portion of the proceeds of this grant for Consulting Services.
EIF Tier-2 Project, Department of Trade, Ministry of Commerce in Myanmar wishes to invite eligible Individual Consultant to express his/her interest in providing his/her services as National Monitoring and Evaluation Expert (12 person-months).
The National Monitoring and Evaluation Expert shall be responsible for providing professional assistance to the EIF Unit of the DoT to implement, monitor and evaluate M-STEP project activities and produce all required M&E reports such as semi-annual reports and annual reports(mention details in term of reference). The initial assignment will be for a period of 12 person-months(including provision period 3-months) with the possibility of a one-year extension, subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funds.
The successful candidate must have the following qualifications and experiences:
- Bachelor degree in economics or business, public policy/administration, economic development or related field;
- Sound experience of M&E methods and approaches, the logical framework approach, quantitative, qualitative, and participatory approaches, etc.;
- Experience of providing training project management and project cycle training, facilitating learning-oriented analysis sessions of M&E data with multiple stakeholders;
- Proven experience in working with Government and networking with national and international stakeholders, in the area of trade related technical assistance is an asset;
- Familiarity with donor agencies procedures especially Monitoring and Evaluation practices
- Fluent in written and spoken English language. Demonstrated ability of information analysis and report writing.
Candidate will be selected in accordance with the consultant selection method set out in the Tender Rules for selling assets, leasing, purchasing services, purchasing goods and construction works for Government Agencies released by Presidential Office Directive (1/2017) and recommendations from Trust Fund Manager (UNOPS) and EIF ES.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours (9:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday). Interested consultants may obtain copies of the detailed Terms of Reference (in English) for the assignment from the address below during office hours. Expressions of interest must be delivered with mailing or sending documents in hard copy followed by an electronic copy to the address below by 2nd August, 2019 before 4:30 pm.
Aid for Trade Coordination Unit
Department of Trade
Ministry of Commerce
Office No.3, Naypyitaw