Client:Department of Trade, Ministry of Commerce (MoC)
Country: Republic of the Union of Myanmar
Project: Myanmar Services Trade Enhancement Project (M-STEP)
Position Title:National Communication Expert
Contract Type: Individual Consultant (Full-time)
Reference No. (as per procurement plan): P4-19
Ministry of Commerce, the Republic of the Union of Myanmar has received financing from EIF Program of WTO in the form of a grant toward the cost of Myanmar Services Trade Enhancement Project (M-STEP)(Enhancing Service Trade for Digital Economy). Ministry of Commerce (MoC), an implementing agency for the Project, intends to apply a portion of the proceeds of this grant for Consulting Services.
EIF Tier-2 Project, Department of Trade, Ministry of Commerce in Myanmar wishes to invite eligible Individual Consultant to express his/her interest in providing his/her services as National Communication Expert (12 person-months).
The National Monitoring and Evaluation Expert shall be responsible for providing professional communication support to the EIF Unit of the DoT to implement, and disseminate information on the M-STEP project activities and produce all required communication materials (mention details in term of reference). The initial assignment will be for a period of 12 person-months (including provision period 3-months) with the possibility of a one-year extension, subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funds.
The successful candidate must have the following qualifications and experiences:
- At least 2 years of relevant professional work experience at the national or international level;University Degree in Communication, Marketing and/or Journalism or related field
- Sound liaison, negotiation and representational skills in local and national levels;
- Proven experience in developing and/or implementing communication strategies in the context of multi stakeholders engagement with incorporation of capacity development;
- Sound knowledge in trade or business development, or public sector management and in Myanmar will be an advantage;
- Interest in and commitment to coaching Government officials
- Computer literate (MS office, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Team player
- Time management
- Fluency in written and spoken English language
Candidate will be selected in accordance with the consultant selection method set out in the Tender Rules for selling assets, leasing, purchasing services, purchasing goods and construction works for Government Agencies released by Presidential Office Directive (1/2017) and recommendations from Trust Fund Manager (UNOPS) and EIF ES.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours (9:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday). Interested consultants may obtain copies of the detailed Terms of Reference (in English) for the assignment from the address below during office hours. Expressions of interest must be delivered with mailing or sending documents in hard copy followed by an electronic copy to the address below by 2nd August, 2019 before 4:30 pm.
Aid for Trade Coordination Unit
Department of Trade
Ministry of Commerce
Office No.3, Naypyitaw